Friday, January 8, 2010

chunk

I have become that stereotypical overweight woman.

I saw my pictures of myself at a recent wedding, and ran, did not walk, to Weight Watchers. So, here I am in week one (a new week one, which follows several other week ones in years past, but I am not going to dwell on it). I am not going to meetings because I find meetings kind of annoying. They are great for so many people. For me, they are a bugaboo. Plus the leaders give out nutrition advice that I don't always agree with and I have a hard time staying quiet and not stepping on toes. So, in order to save some women from chronically bruised toes, I follow the program online. It isn't bad - I actually like it. I get 24 points a day, and that's plenty. I am toying with the idea of turning this blog into a weight loss blog. Who reads weight loss blogs? I don't. Not that there are a lot of people who read this blog in the first place, but when the hoards do arrive, I'd like it if the archives didn't splay out my numbers and wax poetic about struggle. I started. I will finish. I will also tell you about great recipes.

Two other items of note.
1. I broke my camera the week after I fixed it. I slipped on ice and landed on it. I was soooo upset, but as my girl Pequena Cocina said, at least I didn't break a wrist.
2. I quit drinking. The has been a long time coming and I won't regale you with the sordid(-ish) details. I remind myself of the calorie count on drinks whenever I feel like having one...I am really hoping it keeps me on track. And I know it will - I am determined to do this.

So that's that. A new year and new goals. Wooot! Next post: Resolutions for 2010 and the soup that made me decide them.

5 comments:

Alison said...

I'm proud of you, Powderpuff. We can support each other and be anti-Chunks.

Kara B. said...

Boo-yah for WW, and I'm anti-meetings (for myself) too! It's all about temperance, my dear...

Gwynne said...

So, you've become American?

Adriene W. said...

Yes, I have converted to American. It's new!

Unknown said...

You looked great at said wedding! =)