Friday, March 6, 2009

Cuban food


It's been almost a month since I've blogged. I'm still eating, don't you worry. I had the opportunity to go to Miami and eat the most delicious Cuban foods. I already had a love affair with plantains, but when they are smashed and fried and served with a slightly acidic garlicky dip, well, its downright palate seduction. Oh, tostones, you haunt me. Although I could attempt to make these at home, the mere frying factor turns me off as my lovely kitchen lacks ventilation. As much as I want to eat them, I don't want everything (clothing, furniture, cats) to smell like them. Where in Boston can I find them? I posted the question on Chowhound and am waiting for the answer.

Until I get a response, I still must say that the Cuban Sandwich at Chez Henri is really quite redeliculous.

1 comment:

Pseudonym said...

mmmm, tostones. i also don't want to fry them in my kitchen (which still smells like fish tacos, btw), so i settled for oven baked tater tots. it didn't come close, but it satisfied my greasy CHO craving momentarily.
xo